We are the leading suppliers of high quality fresh Lemons from India. The range of fresh Lemon offered by us is handpicked from the most trusted and reliable farms in India.The lemon is an important fruit of the citrus group. It ranks high as a healthy food. It is sometimes mistaken for the lime, but the lime is a smaller species and the lemon forms a bigger variety, with a rough, thin and loose rind. Lemon is oval in shape and light yellow in color with thick, rough skin. When lime has pale yellow pulp, abundant juice and a small number of seeds.
Origin and Distribution
The lemon is indigenous to the north-west regions of India, ascending to an altitude of 4,000 ft. It has been cultivated in south-east Asia from ancient times. It reached Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries. It is now widely grown in all tropical and subtropical countries, notably in the United States, Spain, Portugal, France, West Indies and New South Wales. In India, lemon is cultivated in home gardens and small-sized orchards in parts of Uttar Pradesh, Bombay, Madras and Mysore.
• Color : Green, Yellow
• Shape : Oval, Round
• Size : 30 mm+, 35 mm+, 40 mm+ and Customized
• Packing : 7 Kg Net, 7.5 kg Gross
• Packing type : Box, Jute Bags,Leno Bags
• Taste : Citric
The juice of the lemon is about 5% to 6% citric acid, with a pH of around 2.2, giving it a sour taste. The distinctive sour taste of lemon juice makes it a key ingredient in drinks and foods such as lemonade and lemon meringue pie.
• Container : 40 ft reefer container.
• Temperature : 1-9 Degree C
• Ventilation : 25%, 15 to 25 cbm/h.
• Humidity : 90 % RH is ideal.
• Tons per container : 17 tons.
• Pallets per container : 20 pallets for 7 kgs.
• Cartons per container : 1600 to 1800 cartons for 7.5 kgs